September 23, 2020
DeWitt/Piatt Testing Update: 7/19/2020
Total Tested: 4073
DeWitt: 1401 - 1380 Not Detected, 0 Pending, 16 Recovered, 5 Positive. Currently Hospitalized: 0, Total Hospitalized: 1
Piatt: 2672 - 2643 Not Detected, 0 Pending, 20 Recovered, 9 Positive. Currently Hospitalized: 0, Total Hospitalized: 0
DeWitt had one new case reported Sunday 7/19. A 45 year old female living in Farmer City isolating at home. Most likely exposed at work, in another county. She is a healthcare worker being managed by her employers Occupational Health. Her close contacts have received testing and are quarantined at home.
Piatt had 4 new cases reported Sunday 7/19. (1) 22 year old male living in Cerro Gordo. No more information on that individual at this time.
(2) 54 year old female living in Monticello isolating at home. Exposed to a confirmed case at her place of employment. Close contacts have received testing and have been instructed to quarantine at home.
(3) 35 year old female living in Monticello isolating at home. Most likely exposed at work, in another county as a healthcare worker. Being managed by her employers Occupational Health. Close contacts have received testing are quarantined at home.
(4) 48 year old male living in Monticello isolating at home. Exposure was close contact of a confirmed case. Close contacts have received testing and are quarantined at home.
Update will be reported 7/21.
Public Health Officials Announce 1,173 New Confirmed Cases of Coronavirus Disease
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 1,173 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 6 additional confirmed deaths.
- Cass County – 1 female 90s
- Cook County – 1 female 70s, 1 male 90s
- DuPage County – 1 male 70s
- Peoria County – 1 female 100+
- Will County – 1 female 50s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 162,748 cases, including 7,301 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 34,598 specimens for a total of 2,279,109. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 13 - July 19 is 3.0%. As of last night, 1,410 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 308 patients were in the ICU and 133 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, IDPH is now reporting both confirmed and probable cases and deaths on its website. Reporting probable cases will help show the potential burden of COVID-19 illness and efficacy of population-based non-pharmaceutical interventions. IDPH will update these data once a week.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for deaths previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org